1. Do NOT put 2 massive sweet potatoes in the blender all at once so that it is full to the top.
2. Do NOT squish the potatoes down so that they blend better with a plastic spoon while the blender is on, just to save time.
If you do...your wonderful sweet potato that you spent the last 1/2 hour peeling and steaming will fly up all over your kitchen so that your floor, counters and even clock are covered in orange goop...not to mention your clothes, hair and face. You may also end up with burn casualties since you put the potatoes in steaming hot. Also, you will have to buy a new spoon because the blades split the one you thought you were so carefully using. And, you will end up with half the baby food that you had hoped for.
I'm so very sorry I didn't take a photo of my wonderful disaster to share with you. I'm a very impatient person...I just thought I was speeding up the process....HA!
Do be careful!
4 comments:
Like mother, like daughter. Glad you were not hurt.
Dad.
That is HILARIOUS!!! Though probably not so much for you, especially at the time! I just bought 2 massive sweet potatoes for Graye too, and was thinking about how big they are! That would be quite a mess. I just peeled half of one and chopped it into bits and boiled it, and he eats it just like that. I'm glad he can eat chunky soft food now! I tried to make him some chicken in the blender, and when I gave it to him to eat he gagged on it. Nice! So I still have a ice-cube tray of frozen chicken mush in my freezer. I should try again with it sometime.
Hi Dad...yes, I did hurt myself...I have two burns on my arm!
Hi Kathy! We enjoy your blog! Years ago a parent of one of my students put a dozen eggs in a pot to boil for egg salad. Went to the hot tub and forgot about the eggs. The eggs exploded all over her beautiful kitchen and she spent days cleaning up the mess. Nice to hear you make Ethan's food. I made baby food for my baby using the "Happy Baby" food grinder.
Love,
pat :)
Post a Comment