Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday ETHAN!

Today we celebrated Ethan's 4th birthday! At no later than 6:20 am, we were up to check out the balloons and pressies. Ethan's stack of pressies and his photo face. What a cutie!
A big boy toy! Daddy's influence of course! I have to admit though, its a lot of fun!

Yeah, CARS racing track!

Pizza Hut for supper! The kids behaved wonderfully. Ethan is looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like our toddler. Rhiannon is doing us proud with no highchair, no bib and NO NAPPIES! Seriously, where have our babies gone?!

DELICIOUS! Actually, WAYYYY too sweet. Anybody have a good buttercream recipe that holds the shape but isn't so sweet? Have another cake to make for Ethan and Rhiannon's party in a few weeks and would welcome some hints! Ethan said the cake wasn't too sweet...maybe I'm just getting old! I was so lucky this morning. The kids went to the park with Daddy (thanks Mark!) and I stayed home (unusually quiet and I loved it!) to bake and decorate 1 cake, 12 cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes. Ethan will be popular at preschool tomorrow!
BLOW the candles! And light them, and blow them, and light them and blow them!

Of course, Rhiannon needed a few turns too! Poor girl insisted all day that it was her birthday too.

Cutesie ate her first piece of cake and grabbed another off the cake plate! Of course, she ate mainly just the icing.


HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY ETHAN!






1 comment:

Corinne Andersen Art said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!! Looks like you had a wonderful day! I LOVE those balloons too - seem to remember those as kid. If you find a less sweet icing, let me know... the last time I made icing I found it super sweet as well.